Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm a mean mama with no style ;)

No picture update today. Although, I do have one shot that was taken the day I shot the pics in the wooden salad bowl.  A photo with Hershy in the bowl again, on the kitchen counter, so my multi-color glass wall tiles made for an interesting background.  (I'm at a different computer, and maybe I'll add it to this post tomorrow night or something).

Anywho. So, we buy this pool for the kids at Target, and we put it on the porch.  To get to the porch you have to pass the "studio room" and fine, we do that.. We just pick up the background and go through. But now with the pool. I had to move it out of the way to pass. Then my mind starts rolling about all the neighborhood boys coming to the pool and I'll have to move everything away every day. My boys are bored in the pool by themselves, so for them alone, its not worth the hassle (been there, done that).

So, I decided to return the pool. First of all, its not as big as we thought it was, and the kids are disappointed anyway. Besides, there is a neighbor with a big pool. So, mean mama says no pool! Hopefully next year I'll have my garage fixed up for a studio (and clients daily. ;) ) and they can have their pool.

Another thing. A note for all those that are "concerned" that the baby in bowl pose is not their style and maybe I wont be able to meet their satisfaction with their type of portraits. 

1. First of all, I really don't have any props right now, so I'm making do with what I've got in the house.
2. I don't have a "style" yet per se. I have yet to develop a style. It is too soon to write me off as "not your style".
3. In the case, where in fact my style photos are not your style, I am here/will be here (same thing) to give you what you want. So if a client wants the regular poses - then of course!
4. I am aware of the more typical style in our community. I will be equipped with that wicker chair, the violin, the piano, the flowers, etc. In due time, in due time.. Meanwhile I'm working on creating images with good lighting and good composition. 

Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment